Sunday, January 13, 2013

The perfect pancake - basic recipe

Yesterday my family wanted some pancakes, and I felt like "YAY" I love them! 
I had to bake 200 pancakes/day during my summer internship in a kitchen of a hotel, so this is not a challenge for me, but it is for my brother.
So I decided to teach him a bit. It can be useful for any men to know the perfect amounts of the ingredients to get this delicious dessert. :)  

I realised that in the USA the old-fashioned pancake is different, much thicker than ours, but here in Hungary this recipe is the most popular - slim but many pancakes! :)



Ingredients: 
(we made 2 portions of this recipe, which is enough for about 30 pancakes )
  • 2 eggs
  • 300 g flour = 10,5 oz = 0,6 lb
  • 2 dl milk = 6,5 fl oz = 0,4 pints
  • 4 dl mineral water = 13 fl oz = 0,8 pints
  • pinch of salt
----
  • oil for the baking


Preparation:
1. Just mix together all the ingredients.



2. Grease 2 frying pans, with a teaspoon of oil/ each pancake and with a ladle, spoon some pastry into them.

3. Bake it for about a minute, and turn it to the other side, for half a minute.

4. Repeat this till you run out of pastry. :) 
5. Fill them, whatever you like , we usually fill them with cocoa, or jam, or curd with icing sugar. Then roll them up.


Enjoy! :) 
xoxo: Hajni


2 comments :

  1. They are just like the ones my grandmother made - I prefer those thin pancakes with no other leavening than sparkling water to the thick, doughy American ones anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (: Yeah pancakes are the bests' :) I would accept both versions, if someone would make me some, the thins are better because more pancakes can come out of the pastry, more joy! :)

      Delete