Thursday, April 4, 2013

Orange Cake


Ok, I realised that I have more than 5 recipes waiting for You, so here's one of them. 

Actually, this cake has a story... This cake is mainly a very tasty cream with some fruits, and ladyfingers. I baked for my grandpa's 81 birthday.
I really hadn't had the slightest idea, that he doesn't like creamy cakes...

I can't imagine why he didn't ever said that to me, because I'm baking for about 10 years now...

Ok, now I know. But the cake was fine for those who actually eat the creams in cakes. :D The preparation was quite funny, too...



I wanted to create a jelly on the top, from fruit juice and gelatin, which seemed to be a good idea. But, now, I wouldn't recommend it to You...
Well... Partly because of the ladyfingers, they don't shut enough the cake in the upper sides, and because of the attention it needs.

Like me, I was busily creating this cake, the radio was turned on, and Gangnam style had started...  I poured the warm jelly on the cake and shouted to my brother, obviously: 
"Come, let's do the dance!"
 We were preparing for the middle part of it, hands in that funny position, than I looked at my cake...
"OMG, I flood the kitchen with jelly!" 
So , the dance switched to be cleaning, but we were so quick, that at the end of the song, the kitchen was all right, (and my mom didn't realise a thing... :) )

But this cake is still delicious without the jelly, so don't be afraid. This is a no baking- cake, which reduces the preparation time a lot! I love those kinds of cake, because they are easy, but yummy. This one especially. :)

Ingredients:

  • 400 g ladyfingers (this is so funny, the word, we call it 'baby sponge' in Hungary, translated to English)
  • milk (for soaking the ladyfingers)
  • -----------------
  • 8 dl  water
  • 2 packages of vanilla pudding
  • 2 tbsp of lemon juice
  • 9 tbsp of glucose (fruit sugar)
  • 3 tbsp of vanilla sugar
  • ----------------
  • 2 oranges
  • some strawberries
  • ------------------
  • 8 dl of milk
  • 1 package of vanilla cream powder (like in the picture) - or You can use 2 other packages of vanilla puddings.

Preparation:
1. Soak one ladyfinger into milk for some secs, and place it in a cake-mold wich has a flange. Fill it like this, with the rest of the ladyfingers.


2. Wash the fruits well. 

3. Mix 2 packages of vanilla puddings with the water, the glucose, the vanilla sugar, and the lemon juice. Cook a cream from them. Rasp some orange peel to it, too.



4. Cut the oranges to slices.

5. Then make a vanilla cream with the milk and the cream powder (or with 2 vanilla puddings.) 

6. Mix the fruity cream with the vanilla cream.

7. Pour half of the cream into the cake. 

8. Place some fruits into it.

9. Cover it with the other half of the cream.

10. Decorate it with the rest of the fruits.

Then, skip the jelly, and place it into the fridge! (sorry for the pic, I made this with my mobile)


Enjoy, next day! :D (You should put down the flange that day).
xoxo: Hajni
Ps.: My Grandpa only ate the ladyfingers, and the fruits... So sad... But next week I baked something for him, that he actually loved. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment