Monday, May 19, 2014

Chocolate Rolls

Hi Dears! :) 
Google informed me that the Rubic cube has its 40th birthday! 
Did You know that it was a Hungarian invention? Ernő Rubik was the founder of the 6 color-27 cubed cube. I read that the recorder player has the time of 5,55 seconds to complete the course. Amazing, I could never do the whole cube! :D Can You?
Today I brought You a sweet pastry, that is a very popular breakfast & snack here in Hungary, chocolate rolls. We usually call them "Kakaós csiga" , which means Cocoa snails.
 Here, all the rolled pastries are called "snails", so don't be afraid if You see something like these in the pastry-shops. They are only referred  to their shapes. :) 
Besides the recipe I brought a personal life-milestone! :) 

***
I got engaged! :D 
Actually, it happened in the end of March, and now it can be officially announced to everyone, as we told it to all of our families in real life.
We took a photo-shoot as well, I will post some of them here, under the recipe... 
We are together with my love for 4,5 years, our love started in high school , and remained. We will wait a few years with the wedding, so I will have time to prepare all the details of that. :D But all your wedding dress and cake ideas are welcomed, You can always post them on our FB site. :D 
I made this cake, (which I've already posted, Do You remember?) for our Engagement celebration, it was really good. :)


But now, let's see the chocolate rolls recipe and some engagement photos of us. :)  


Ingredients:

  • 450 g   = 9/5 cup of flour
  • a pinch of salt
  • 5 tbsp of sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 dl= 4/5 cup of milk
  • 20 g = 1 tbsp of yeast
  • 0,5 dl = 1/5 cup of oil
  • 1 tbsp of rum flavor
  • ---
  • a bar of dark chocolate (100 g)
  • cocoa (2 tbsp)
  • sugar (optional)

Preparation:

1. Activate the yeast in hot milk and add a tsp of sugar to  it. (5 minutes needed)
2. Mix the egg with the rest of the sugar, the salt, the oil, and with the rum flavor, then add the flour and the milky yeast as well. You should have a homogeneous pastry ball at the end.
3. Put it to a warm place, covered with a cloth, and wait about 30 minutes, till the pastry becomes 2 times big as it was.
4. Then sprinkle some flour on a baking board,and roll it out with a rolling pin. (I made it in two pieces )
5. Melt the chocolate, and lubricate the top of the pastry with it.

6. Then sprinkle it with cocoa, and sugar if You wish. Then roll it up.

7. Repeat this with the rest of the pastry.
8. Slice it up, in every 2 cm-s, then put them on a baking sheet on a tray.
9. Wait again 20 minutes to let them grow, in a warm place.
10. Then in a preheated oven, and bake them for about 20 minutes on 180 degree Celsius.



I hope You like them,for me it was a huge success! :D

And as I promised,  let me introduce my fiancé: Gábor. The love of my life! ♥ 
Here You are, some of our engagement photos:   





He proposed me at the top of the zikkurat, our little Babel-tower, which is in front of the National Theater.
 (That interesting, modern-looking building in the picture). 
We had our first kiss 4 years ago near the area, so it was super romantic.
 And it happened under the stars in the late evening hours, so the photos are just the re-creation of the event. :D

Take care! 
xoxo: Hajni

No comments :

Post a Comment