Saturday, June 4, 2016

Wedding season started

Hi Dears, 
Summer just started, that means we can go on our holidays soon, but also that means that the WEDDING Season started, too. :)
There is a time in everybody's life when wedding means a lot to us, especially when we are having our own.

As I started to plan our own wedding, I realised that I know too little about weddings. I had an idea in my had, how I imagined my perfect wedding, me and my fiancé happily say yes to each other somewhere in the nature. 
But organising it to be perfect is a much more difficult job.

So, I decided to study wedding planning. :) Soon I will have my degree on it, who knows, besides mine, I will be able to plan other's special big day, too. :D
Ours will be next year if everything goes well, but this year one of my best friends had her wedding. 

It was her idea, to make bon-bons for the guests as a thank you gift. Of course I helped her make them :)
+ The same week one of my high school teacher, who I really liked, asked me to bake a wedding cake for her daughter. I was so afraid of it, as it was my first time to bake such an important cake :) Would I succeed? Will they like it? But she trusted me, and the cake was only 20 pieces so I accepted the challenge, and baked it.
They asked a carrot cake with white icing on top, no marzipan or fondant, and to decorate the top with the icing itself, modestly, and to have a note Mazel tov.
I enjoyed baking and decorating it, as they allowed me to go on my taste, I didn't have to follow any other guidelines. 


For the carrot cake I followed my previous Carrot cake recipe, only I doubled the quantity. 

1. I baked two rectangle shape cakes.

2. Then I made the cream cheese icing, and spread it on the cakes, on top and on the sides too. This was the most difficult part, to have a completely smooth surface at the end.


3. Then I used the cream-cheese icing and royal icing for decorating it.



4. I made a sugar-rose, and placed it in the top, to the middle and draw a curtain. 
 

The original idea was that in the middle they would put a porcelain couple, but instead, they decided to put there white roses :) 
(Sorry, I don't have pictures from the wedding, but the couple liked it fortunately :D , I was so happy and relieved when they thanked it at the end)



The other project was the bon-bon making with my friend for her wedding.
We used dark chocolate, we tempered than we poured it to silicone bon-bon molds. 
For the filling we cooked chocolate ganache with dark chocolate and whipped cream in the portion of 1:1. 

Then we covered them with tempered chocolate, again. We chilled them for an hour and they were ready to go. :)


(To make 80-100 bonbons, it take a whole afternoon-evening, if you would like to do the same :) )





I hope you like them, too. They are not perfect, but we were happy with them. :) Whether you are attending a wedding soon, or not I hope you will have a great summer. 

xoxo: Hajni

No comments :

Post a Comment